May 5th & 6th 2017"What You Do, Matters" (As a Christian, as a Father, as an Employer or Employee and as a Patriot.)
The Man Up Program
6:00 P.M. ARRIVALS FOR SUPPER
6:50 P.M. WORSHIP (Auditorium)
7:30-8:30 Doug Mastriano
8:30-9:30 David Dean
9:30-10:30 Crusader’s Keep Meet and greet
7:00 A.M. – 8:00 BREAKFAST (Boozer Hall)
8:15-8: 40 A.M. WORSHIP
8:40-9:40 A.M. Tom O’Connor
9:40- 10:40 A.M. John Hackman
10:40-11:00 Coffee Break
11:00-11:40 A.M. Rev. Jeff “Coach” Kisiah
11:40-12:30 P.M. Lunch
12:30-1:00 P.M. Worship
1:00-2:30 P.M. Breakout Sessions with Speakers. Question and Answers
2:30-3:00 P.M. DRAWING WINNERS
3:00-3:30 P.M. CLOSING
Speaker Tom O’Connor
Meals by Holy Smokehouse BBQ
Music by The Union of Sinners and Saints
Speaker Tom O’Connor
Economic and Management Consultants
Tom O’Connor is President of the Tom O’Connor Group, an economic and management consulting company. He has been engaged in the business of economic analysis for more than thirty years, beginning as an economist with the Interstate Commerce Commission (now the Surface Transportation Board) and then in economic consulting and management positions of increasing responsibility as
- Manager with the United States Railway Association,
- Assistant Director – Costs with Conrail,
- Assistant Vice President – Economics with the Association of American Railroads
- Vice President and part owner of DNS, Associates. an economic and management consulting company focusing on logistics,
- Vice President and part owner of Snavely King Majoros & O’Connor, an economic and management consulting company focusing on telecommunications and logistics.
- President and owner of the Tom O’Connor Group. Tom founded the Tom O’Connor Group, LLC and has been President of the Tom O’Connor Group since June 2012.
Most of our assignments are resolved through analysis and negotiations. In addition to management consulting projects, and advising on win-win negotiations, when requested by the client Tom has provided expert testimony. He has done so in a number of proceedings in the United States and Canada before:
- Federal agencies and courts,
- State courts,
- Local courts and
- Regulatory commissions.
This section sketches some of the highlights of Tom O’Connor’s background and strengths, focusing on experience in the following areas:
- Conflict Resolution – Arbitration, Mediation, Litigation and Settlement
- Mergers and acquisition,
- Network planning and design
- Operations analysis
- Overseas experience
- Cost and Economics Methodologies including URCS and other cost systems.
This summary of Tom O’Connor’s capabilities is developed in four principal parts:
- Tom O’Connor’s resume – covers the broader range of assignments.
- A brief summary of cases in which he has testified.
- A summary of some of the projects he has led or participated in
- A list of some of the clients he has served
In each of these, analysis of complex challenges and development of solutions are the prominent themes. Much of this experience centers on economics and analytical methodologies, as well as policy analysis and system design.
- Tom O’Connor assists clients by providing negotiations planning and assistance, and by offering management consulting services including regulatory and litigation support. The firm’s negotiation and litigation support includes development, preparation and presentation of expert witness testimony before courts and regulatory agencies. Tom O’Connor has participated in dozens of proceedings before state courts and commissions and Federal courts and commissions that regulate the transportation industries in both the U.S. and Canada. Tom O’Connor and the Members of the firm have provided litigation support in the form of expert witness or economic research services in antitrust, merger, divestiture, rate and other cases before Federal and state courts.
- In the area of management consulting, we assist both government and private clients in developing management information systems, evaluating contract performance and conducting management audits.
- Tom O’Connor specializes in the analysis of operations, costs, revenues and services of enterprises, both public and private, involved in the supply chain including all modes of surface transportation. We have developed an array of transportation and logistics related negotiation planning and financial and management tools, including detailed models for negotiations, litigation, cost allocation, accounting, traffic flow, and carrier operations.
- These tools have been successfully applied on behalf of clients in well over 500 projects, including merger proceedings, contract negotiations, strategic planning and operational analyses. Our transportation practice extends beyond the U.S. borders throughout North America and into Eastern Europe.
- Tom O’Connor also served several years as a Squad Leader in the Combat Engineers, U.S. Army – primarily overseas.